Never, ever buy a hyundai!! -s : | platizazvonok.ru
75Likes
Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Member

Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
zzmichaelzz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Never, ever buy a hyundai!!

I have owned my 2008 Hyundai Accent since I purchased it in 2008. The car has give me problem after problem. It is a bloody money-pit. Over the past 3 months alone, it has cost me over $4,400 in repairs. It only has 108,000. It is the first, and it shall be the last Hyundai I have ever owned. I urge you all to tell others to stay as far away from Hyundai as is possible. They are absolute garbage. I have been virtually rebuilding my Accent from scratch, it is such a piece-of-****. I should have walked away from it the moment I received my first large bill. Rather than pay that bill, I should have just told the dealership rather than repair it, here are the keys. The car is yours. I want nothing to do with it anymore. It is garbage. I would have avoided paying another $4400 in repairs. Absolutely, unequivocally the worst car I have ever owned, and I have in my time owned some real crap. This garbage Accent puts them all to shame.
From this day forward, if anyone I know is considering purchase of a new vehicle, I will scream at them to stay the eff away from Hyundai. FAR, FAR away.

zzmichaelzz
zzmichaelzz is offline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Senior Member

tenergy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
location: Central MA
Drives '13 Elantra MD '17 Tucson SE AWD
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
tenergy is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Okay... don't buy Hyundai anymore.

My family has purchased at least 6-7 Hyundai's over the past 30 years and never had any major problems.. never had any repair bills higher than a wheel bearing.

I'll be looking at a 2018 Tucson when they arrive.

Thank you for your contribution :P

KYB Shocks ■ Shark Racing Bushings
35% Tint ■ WeatherTech Mats/Vents ■ LED Tails ■ Anzo Eagle Eye Headlights ■ F Style Roof Spoiler ■ Sport Mesh Upper Grill ■ Hex Mesh Lower Grill ■ Rear Bumper Diffuser ■ Rear LED Reflectors ■ Sport Tuning T1 Wheels ■ OEM LED Spoiler ■ Sound Ordinance P-65B Speakers ■ SSL LOPRO8 Sub ■ Clarion XC1410 ■ Custom Projector Fog Lights, 3000K H1 HID ■ Dual Hella Horns ■ Backup camera ■ Rexing V1/Mini0805 dash cams

Last edited by tenergy; 09-09-2017 at 05:54 PM.
tenergy is offline
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Senior Member

AUTOSPARK's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
location: Scotland, UK.
Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRD (D4FA)
Posts: 6,795
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
AUTOSPARK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmichaelzz View Post
It is the first, and it shall be the last Hyundai I have ever owned. I urge you all to tell others to stay as far away from Hyundai as is possible. They are absolute garbage.
Since this is a platizazvonok.ru where most of the members are Hyundai owners, I think we are all capable of forming our own opinions of the brand. Sorry to hear you've been having some expensive problems with your Accent, but my own experience has been very different. There are several Hyundai cars in my family and none have suffered from any major issues. But I guess in your mind one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.
AUTOSPARK is offline

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Member

Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
zzmichaelzz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOSPARK View Post
Since this is a platizazvonok.ru where most of the members are Hyundai owners, I think we are all capable of forming our own opinions of the brand. Sorry to hear you've been having some expensive problems with your Accent, but my own experience has been very different. There are several Hyundai cars in my family and none have suffered from any major issues. But I guess in your mind one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.
Well, goody for you! Hooray! My position still remains.

zzmichaelzz
zzmichaelzz is offline
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Member

Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
zzmichaelzz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenergy View Post
Okay... don't buy Hyundai anymore.

My family has purchased at least 6-7 Hyundai's over the past 30 years and never had any major problems.. never had any repair bills higher than a wheel bearing.

I'll be looking at a 2018 Tucson when they arrive.

Thank you for your contribution :P
Well, goody for you! Hooray!!

zzmichaelzz
zzmichaelzz is offline
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
location: N.E. PA.
Drives 08 Santa Fe GLS 2.7
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
wd-50 is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel the same way about ford and sony electronics
wd-50 is offline
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
camper is an unknown quantity at this point
German cars are the real money-pit, mercedes, BMW, and even VW. Check engine light stays on all the time. They must go to junk yard after 100k mi.

My last Ford Fusion, 70k mi, completely lost steering on highway, without any warning. I almost died for this!

Then I switched to Sonata, 130k mi, same price. No big trouble for 2 years. Trouble codes only 2 times, just because I messed up the sensors
Saleem and Brons2 like this.

Last edited by camper; 09-09-2017 at 08:03 PM.
camper is online now
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Member

Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
zzmichaelzz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
German cars are the real money-pit, mercedes, BMW, and even VW. Check engine light stays on all the time. They must go to junk yard after 100k mi.

My last Ford Fusion, 70k mi, completely lost steering on highway, without any warning. I almost died for this!

Then I switched to Sonata, 130k mi, same price. No big trouble for 2 years
I had considered trading my Accent in 4 years ago for a new Sonata. The Sonata I was looking at was $35,000 all-in. Limited Edition or something. When the salesperson asked how I would pay for it, I told her 'cash, of course'. **** but did she talk my head off after that. I decided not to do the deal because they were going to give me $4,000 for my Accent, a joke. The car had 70,000 KM on it at the time. That means I would probably have lost $4,000 on the deal. I don't believe in losing money.
When I was quoted $2,000 for repairs on the Accent, I actually considered just handing the dealership the keys and walking away from the car. It is that bad. The only thing that stopped me from doing so was the fact I had already spent $2,300 for repairs back in June of this year. I had already sunk too much money into it.
I just advised my dealership that I will not be having the repairs done there. I will be looking elsewhere. I also advised my dealership I would not be dealing with them anymore, that I shan't ever purchase another Hyundai again. I also advised them I shall be letting everyone I know to stay away from Hyundai as their vehicles are absolute crap.
I have never owned a German car. The closest I came was an 1981 Mercury Capri RS, whose components were German. This is the same car in which I had my ass handed to me when I raced an Mustang 5.0. I asked a mechanic about that. He told me my car was actually more powerful, but it was also far heavier, which is why I was beaten. He reminded me I had the superior heavier German clutch, with the superior heavier engine which was steel, not aluminum like the Mustang.
I should also mention my Accent has the fuel door hanging open since it will no longer close. I have owned many vehicles, and not one had this problem. It will not close and the lever is now rendered useless. People come up to me all the time and point at my fuel door hanging open. I respond with 'yeah, yeah, I know. Piece-of-junk Accent. My fault for buying this garbage.' They simply smile and move on. Hyundai told me it was not worth fixing. No duh? The costs would be ridiculous.

zzmichaelzz

Last edited by zzmichaelzz; 09-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.
zzmichaelzz is offline
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Member

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
oscargamer is an unknown quantity at this point
if you judge a whole brand, based on a sample size of one, when millions of vehicles are made, then that's a pretty stupid stance to take
Richard Bicker likes this.
oscargamer is offline
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmichaelzz View Post
I had considered trading my Accent in 4 years ago for a new Sonata. The Sonata I was looking at was $35,000 all-in. Limited Edition or something. When the salesperson asked how I would pay for it, I told her 'cash, of course'. **** but did she talk my head off after that. I decided not to do the deal because they were going to give me $4,000 for my Accent, a joke. The car had 70,000 KM on it at the time. That means I would probably have lost $4,000 on the deal. I don't believe in losing money.
When I was quoted $2,000 for repairs on the Accent, I actually considered just handing the dealership the keys and walking away from the car. It is that bad. The only thing that stopped me from doing so was the fact I had already spent $2,300 for repairs back in June of this year. I had already sunk too much money into it.
I just advised my dealership that I will not be having the repairs done there. I will be looking elsewhere. I also advised my dealership I would not be dealing with them anymore, that I shan't ever purchase another Hyundai again. I also advised them I shall be letting everyone I know to stay away from Hyundai as their vehicles are absolute crap.
I have never owned a German car. The closest I came was an 1981 Mercury Capri RS, whose components were German. This is the same car in which I had my ass handed to me when I raced an Mustang 5.0. I asked a mechanic about that. He told me my car was actually more powerful, but it was also far heavier, which is why I was beaten. He reminded me I had the superior heavier German clutch, with the superior heavier engine which was steel, not aluminum like the Mustang.
I should also mention my Accent has the fuel door hanging open since it will no longer close. I have owned many vehicles, and not one had this problem. It will not close and the lever is now rendered useless. People come up to me all the time and point at my fuel door hanging open. I respond with 'yeah, yeah, I know. Piece-of-junk Accent. My fault for buying this garbage.' They simply smile and move on. Hyundai told me it was not worth fixing. No duh? The costs would be ridiculous.

zzmichaelzz

Don't buy new Sonata they are not as good as old ones. Buy Toyota
dtech likes this.
camper is online now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the platizazvonok.rus : platizazvonok.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
wongpfh
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to


Related pages


hyundai greerlow oil pressure and engine knock2003 ford taurus serpentine beltremoving stains from car seatspac swircprime vw saco mainebrake pedal extenderswhat makes a car shake when idlingautocop central locking system2003 hyundai elantra manual transmissionfog bomb2013 chevy malibu spare tiresuspension coil replacement costfront brake pads and rotors replacement costwhat causes a squealing sound when drivingh8 led fog light bulbhyundai santa fe faultshankook ipike w409 reviewyokohama yk850gdi engine carbon build up02 sensor replacement costturbo air conditionerf150 headlight adjustment toolkia sorento power steering pumpautozone front license plate mounttrouble code p0102what is a pzev enginebumper skirtmonsoon speaker systemplasti dip window trimcostco gas newmarketsteering column won t lock2002 hyundai accent weightphilips h11windowmaster windowshyundai south africashort aerials for carswhy does my car shake when i slow downford festiva rimspro tuning lab headlightssan tan hyundai service departmenthow to install in channel vent visorsidle airehow to install body side molding2009 hyundai santa fe gls reviewshow to remove a stuck spark plughyundai williamsport pasirius shark fin antennaexhaust flex couplerwhy does hyundai have a bad reputation2012 hyundai accent aftermarket parts2006 kia sedona starterburning clutchcargo liner honda pilotcostco.ca tirehyundai sonata emberapo340 codehyundai gas reimbursement programhyundai i10 era irde2what is a passkey for bluetoothvw cc oil change diybrake pad replacement labor coststeering wheel vibrates at 70 mphkia optima turbo problemswinward dodgeengine moves when revving2004 hyundai santa fe fuel tankcost to replace front shockstrans pan gasket leak2001 hyundai accent headlight bulbcustomized hyundai sonatahyundai santa fe vs subaru foresterdixie 401 hyundaisnowflake symbolshyundai genesis vs mustangontario hyundai whitbyengine conrod2.7 elisadie hard car batterysae 5w-30hyundai recall notices