LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

i10 i10 New Generation
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
chubsta is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
DAB Radio adapter

I am getting increasingly bored with the normal radio channels and would like the opportunity to listen to some of the digital radio stations.

Hyunbdai have a DAB adapter listed as an accessory on their site and was wondering if anyone had any experience of it, particularly in reception and whether you can still have an iPod plugged into the system as well at the same time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 04:47 PM

New Gen i10 1.2 Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
steve67 is an unknown quantity at this point
We had a DAB radio in our vw... rubbish. never held a signal for long always switching to fm.

Don't rate DAB radio ... save your money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 04:26 AM

Drives New i10 SE 1.0 manual 3 pot.
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
ColinL is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone was asking in another thread about whether iPods use the USB port for playing music, do they then?
If so the Hyundai DAB radio is a USB adaptor with it's own window fixed aerial so I would guess you would need to swap them over. 166 plus installation, 2nd tab.
Having a quick Google there's a lot of other options such as
which stock various types and models. Most seem to use either the FM aerial in or the Aux in port to pass the signal to the head unit with some also having their own Aux in port to plug in your iPod.
A bit messier than the Hyundai version no doubt but at a third of the price in some cases may be worth trying?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

i10 i10 New Generation
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
chubsta is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Based upon what you guys have said i will knock this idea on the head...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Obisch is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a Pure hand held DAB radio for 70 and have it plugged in to the aux adapter with a smart phone holder in the driver side vent which accomodates it.....it even has usb charger so there are no worries about power feed to it...Works for me
mrtrout likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 03:06 PM

i10 2nd Gen 2015 1.2 Premium - 2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 Tid 150bhp
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
frupi is an unknown quantity at this point
Obisch, hi, and a very warm welcome to the i10 forums!

Please take the time to complete your details in User CP to include your country of residence and vehicle driven.

I'm pleased you've found a DAB solution that works for you. We're still very much thinking about adding one to our i10. It would be helpful if you are able to post a photo of your set up. What sort of aerial are you using?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 11:16 PM

Drives: Hyundai i10 1.0 SE 2015 model
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
bob4584 is an unknown quantity at this point
Additionally on Ebay there are plenty of the Pure Highway units on sale, just watch the price. I have one of these I purchased as new for 35 late last year (arrived as new in sealed box) fits to windscreen on a goose neck style support. Wiring wise I have it installed in the 3.5mm jack socket on the standard I10 installation, leaving the USB connector free for my ipod. Works well and does give some alternative stations which cannot be found on VHF. If you don't like the idea of trailing a cable down to the auxiliary ports you can tune your VHF radio into the Highway unit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the platizazvonok.rus : platizazvonok.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.